Mira Excel fitting query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I am fitting a Mira Excel BIR shower for the first time. I am installing into the cavity of a stud partition wall.

I have all the plumbing sorted, and I am ready to tile up to the shroud.

What the instructions do not make clear is what is meant to happen with the support backet legs.

At the moment, the support brackets are screwed into the face of my aquapanel. Including the screws, they are probably 4 or 5mm proud of the aquapanel surface.

Are these brackets meant to be removed once the plumbing is done, are they meant to be rebated into the wall surface, or am I meant to tile on top of them and hope the the tile ashesive is deep enough to cover up?

In the booklet, it seems like the brackets are pictured one minute, and then seem to disappear. But there is no actual instruction of what is meant to happen to them.

I'm hoping someone used to fitting Excels can let me know.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
When I fit the valve to stud walls i take the depth of the bracket out of the studs to rebate it.

The panels then go over the brackets, with the tiling on top, if you see what I mean.

You could tile over the brackets, with the adhesive allowing for the bracket thickness.

As long as the shower is between the minimum and maximum distance from the wall surface when finished it doesn't really matter how you do it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back