Mira Excel or Platinum ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to replace my power shower due to having combi boiler fitted.
Worcester Greenstar cdi 38 but my water pressure isn't that great hence I'm looking for my best mixer option having been used to the brilliant Mira Event XS power shower.
A couple of questions for owners & plumbers who have fitted these units

1) which of the 2 models if either will give the most powerful flow

2) if I go for the platinum I will install it in a vented loft which can get very cold in winter (never had any frozen pipes up there, all lagged but it is very cold in the depths of winter) would this be an acceptable location on having read the manual it does say don't install in area that could be exposed to frost

3) I know the Excel is a big favourite but Platinum seams to offer a lot more for very little money more ?

I know that the Excel will be a little more disruptive to install hence why the extra money for the platinum would be saved by the fact it could be installed ceiling fed causing no remedial work to the bathroom tiling.

Any comments and concerns/ recommendations welcome

Sponsored Links
Just about to refit my en suite at home, that's getting a Platinum with fixed and riser heads

I always recermend the platinum ive done them on most systems but I think I'm going to look for display thst can be inset with a touch screen next time .......il have to see what's out there .

Sponsored Links
I always recermend the platinum ive done them on most systems but I think I'm going to look for display thst can be inset with a touch screen next time .......il have to see what's out there .

Have you done many ceiling fed fitted in vented loft space as I'm worried about potential frost damage

Just place insulation around it mine was screwed to timber accross trusses so air will circulate underneath .........I woukdnt get too excited about the venterlation .

Come across another digital model from Mira called Mira Vision,
Specs look the same as the platinum but I prefer the control on the Vision but which is the newer model ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back