Mira Flight Tray - Waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just bought a Mira Flight Low 900mm Quadrant (https://www.wolseley.co.uk/product/mira-flight-low-quadrant-tray-no-upstands-900-white/) which comes with a "vortex" waste which is their own make rather than a generic one.

Is the supplied waste any good or should I change it for a McAlpine? Should the waste seals be stuck down with CT1 or leave them dry?

I have some time to test fit the supplied waste but if they're prone to failure I'd rather replace it now as access will be a pain but no point replacing it if the supplied one is fine.

Sponsored Links
I saw this earlier, my tray isn't affect by this issue as the casting is flat. Someone in the comments mentioned it may be affecting the trays with the 50mm wastes only. Mine has a 90mm waste.

I've done the same test as the video and there is no water leaking. I didn't use silicone to attach the waste. I'm going to leave it for an hour and see if water seeps through anywhere in that time

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back