Mira mixer under pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our water company recently changed the source of our water in order to raise the pressure for those at the top of the village who had problems because of very low pressure. We are at the bottom of the village and the pressure, which is now 7.5bar, is too much for the two Mira Excel mixer valves we have. Mira "technical" support told me the valves are not recommended for greater than 3.5bar, but that they may be set for low pressure which would make matters worse. This is how the valve is set:

MiraMixer.jpg

The plastic tool Mira sent me engages with the white part which is as far clockwise as it will go. The black boss in the centre has a screwdriver slot which appears to achieve the same thing as the plastice tool - am I missing something here, do the boss and the white disc move separately?

Assuming that this unit can't be made to work properly at this pressure what are my options - is there a replacement unit that will fit into the existing housing or have I got to rip off tiles etc in order to plumb in a completely new unit?

Has anyone been sucessful in getting the water company to pay the cost of doing this?!

Sponsored Links
Why not install a Pressure Reducing Valve on you incoming mains, they are generally preset at 3bar, altho can be lowered further. Available from A Plumbers Merchant, and very easy to install.

We rather like the high pressure! But my wife can hardly turn the valve at the moment so I've got to do something. Is 3bar a reasonable pressure?

Sponsored Links
3 bar is more than good enough for most needs, remember that this equates to 30m of head, should be plenty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back