Mira Platinum remote control clock does not display

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have a Mira Platinum digital shower to compare notes? We had one of these installed recently, and while the shower works well, I have a niggling issue with the remote wireless control.

The control's display is meant to "dim" shortly after the shower starts up, but in my case the display turns off. The controller has a clock and I'd thought the idea was that you can see the clock while you're in the shower, albeit with a slightly dimmer display (to help save batteries).

As I say, however, what happens here is that I see the temp for a couple of seconds, then the clock for a couple of seconds, and then nothing. I have to push one of the buttons or turn the flow control ring to get the display to show again.

I'm keen to find out whether anyone else has this same experience, or whether this is a fault.

TIA

Sponsored Links
I have to admit to thinking the same on mine & If I'm understanding the user guide correctly

F5 - Clock Display. When Clock Display is “on”, time is displayed when shower has stopped, or after 10 seconds of inactivity whilst the shower is running. When Clock Display is “off”, the time is replaced by the showering temperature.

I too would think the time would be displayed but it doesn't.

No help I know, but I have the same thoughts as you.

I have to admit to thinking the same on mine & If I'm understanding the user guide correctly

F5 - Clock Display. When Clock Display is “on”, time is displayed when shower has stopped, or after 10 seconds of inactivity whilst the shower is running. When Clock Display is “off”, the time is replaced by the showering temperature.

I too would think the time would be displayed but it doesn't.

No help I know, but I have the same thoughts as you.

Actually, that is helpful - thanks. It's good to know that it's not just me. To be fair to Mira, they were quick to send me a replacement controller when I reported this as a fault. But the second one does exactly the same, which is why I'm looking for other people's experience.

I did read on forums that there were at one time problems with battery life on these units. I wonder if they've done this to avoid that issue?

When I get a chance, I'll also try the "count-down" function on the unit. It would be strange if you were unable to see the remaining time as it counts down to turning the shower off.

Sponsored Links
thank goodness ....I thought I'd gone mad !!

I installed a pumped Platinum Duo after much research and reading the instruction manuals online. Although not cheap, Mira's YouTube videos totally sold it to me and I thought it would be a great bonus to be able to keep a check on the time whilst showering/using the bathroom in a rush (ie. every time !!)

After setting up the controller and reading the instructions several times I couldn't understand why the clock wasn't displaying in the 'dimmed' mode mentioned. When I rang Mira about this minor niggle to see if I was understanding the manual correctly, they could only suggest sending out an Engineer with the caution that I would have to pay a call-out charge if nothing was found to be wrong ! The Engineer was a very friendly guy and was unaware of anyone else mentioning the problem I was having, but after confirming the shower worked ok he offered me a replacement controller from his van and at my request, left me to set it up. Unfortunately, the new controller is exactly the same as the first one and also goes blank a few seconds after each input or adjustment with only a very brief clock display at full brightness before switching off, so I've just resorted to adjusting the temperature by one degree every time I want to check the time ! (note: when detached from it's mount and holding the controller at a certain angle in strong light I can actually see the clock display, however this could never be classed as readable whilst having a shower !)

I must say the shower is fab with a real 'quality feel' to all the parts and does everything it promised, transforming my experience from the previous pathetic installation with my gravity-fed system. The power, even with both shower heads running simultaneously is awesome ....just make sure you've got enough hot water for this mode as you'll not want to come out !

I wonder if the company are playing down the battery life issue mentioned in the previous post and have in fact disabled the dimmed clock in the latest software ! (if so, perhaps they should amend the manual to stop people tearing their hair out ....and save on replacement controllers !)

As I say, it's a very minor niggle to an otherwise excellent product but it would be nice to know why there's this anomaly, especially as it appears the shower has been available for some time ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back