Mira Shower Broken.. Help Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there...

As ever I come here in my hour of need.

I have a Mira Sprint shower. For the past 3 or 4 days, when we switch the shower on the water temperature has gone from very hot to cold, to very hot to cold..... Now, this morning, The shower has completely stopped giving any hot water.

The unit is still powering up, the amber light is on and water comes through the system, but it's as cold as cold. When I turn the temp adjuster the flow still slows down, but again, the water doesn't warm up any.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be and how it could be fixed?? And... if so where the best and cheapest place to get parts from would be.

Thanks
Dougie

Sponsored Links
check the tco.
switch on shower and tco should have power both sides.
if only power one side the tco needs replacing.

its located on the top of the heater can.
i take it its the late 2000 model with the dials vertical.

The problem could be the heater can, or the circuit board, or the temperature sensor, or the thermal cut-out switch, or some burnt out wiring, or numerous other things, none of which can be diagnosed with the cover on.

If can be fixed by replacing the faulty component(s).

This is a good place to get parts from: http://www.shower-spares.co.uk/

The problem could be the heater can
heater can won't cause a shower to go hot/cold hot/cold
or the circuit board,
what circuit board ? this shower hasn't got a circuit board.
or the temperature sensor, or the thermal cut-out switch, or some burnt out wiring, or numerous other things, none of which can be diagnosed with the cover on.

you wouldn't be just guessing would you ?

Sponsored Links
Yes seco, its a late 2000's model...

I'm guessing the ain power supply just needs to be on.. and not the power switch on the unit.. I'm just concious of the water/electricity mix...lol

you'll need the shower on or no power will get through.

take the showerhead off and lay hose on the bath/tray floor or get someone to hold head low down.

In the case of a heavily scaled heater can, I disagree.
a heater can is either on/off
heavily scaled cans useally only get look warm not alter temp.
the flow alters the temp.

In the case of a faulty relay on the PCB, I disagree.
this shower hasn't got a pcb, relay or circuit board.
how can you disagree on something the shower hasn't got ?

No. That would be silly.

well you nearly listed everything thats in the shower.

heavily scaled cans useally only get look warm not alter temp.
What do the unusual ones do?

this shower hasn't got a pcb, relay or circuit board.
So you said.

how can you disagree on something the shower hasn't got ?
I simply misread what you wrote, and thought that you were saying that a faulty PCB couldn't cause a shower to run cold.

well you nearly listed everything thats in the shower.
Thank you. You're very kind.

argh..... just gone to test the power.. and my chuffing multimeter isn't giving any reading..... not even over the pos and neg at the power block. It's certainly powering up, so.. new multimeter me thinks...:(

its got 200V and 600V settings on DC and nothing on either... not even giving a ohm reading across the tco

you won't get a ohms reading on the tco only a voltage reading or continuity test across it.

DC - your shower is AC power supply.

Yeah, sorry... AC.....

Be it dangerous or not.... I've just done the following..

Still no power readings on my multimeter no matter where i take it from. So, i tested continuity across the tco... nothing.... with the multimeter still across the tco I switched the unit on.... beeeeeeep.... and hot water. Take the multimeter away, cold water... I get the impression my multimeter is completing a circuit that the tco isn't.. so by my power of deduction.... new tco needed? agree??

if your still alive

blue_colar_11.gif

yep new tco about £14.00
36_1_11.gif

still here... just about............

glad thats sorted then, managed to find one on onlineplumbingsupplies £10.48... fingers crossed, but hopefully that will solve my problem

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back