Mira Shower Unit - Lukewarm water at Max. Temp.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,

Got around to trying to sort out the shower unit in the house - It's got hot and cold water feeds (Hot water feed from HW Tank around 3m away), with the hot water pipe in to the back of the unit very hot to touch, but we have the heat setting on 9/9 with heat boost and it's only lukewarm coming out.

I've made the temp bearable by half closing the incoming isolation valve for the cold water, but it's only a temporary fix as it's not very hot at all.

I'm guessing that either the stat's on the blink, or the hot water internal piping has furred up - Would either of these guesses make sense?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Cartridge needs replacing, and new one turn temperature control clockwise and anticlockwise 20times once a month to keep it clear of limescale and stop it dripping when turned off. New cartridge about £75 might be more now last one I did was a few years ago.

Cheers bud - Is there any way a cartridge can be repaired? I'm reasonably handy with things - Is it something that could be cleaned out?

Otherwise think I'd look at a new shower with parts prices I've seen - upgrade the whole electrical system and connect it directly to the MCB (Currently running off a 13A plug)

Sponsored Links
I have never tried a repair one, and I used to be an engineer, and once you look at it you will see why, If it is not sunk in the wall, I recommend you replace it with a bar thermostatic mixer shower, They are much cheaper to replace, even if they only last a couple of years they are also easy to replace.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back