Mira Sport Max overheating

in the original post op states that he removed the hose and the shower head, and it was cutting off . hope it carry's on working OK ,but it seems like an intermittent fault ,not yet sorted.fingers crossed .

Sponsored Links
in the original post op states that he removed the hose and the shower head, and it was cutting off . hope it carry's on working OK ,but it seems like an intermittent fault ,not yet sorted.fingers crossed .
he hasn't fixed it as he's only just masked the problem unless of course only just in last few days cleaned the head ;)(y)

agas , the problem was there when no shower head was attached. that pretty much rules out the showerhead wouldn't you say??

Sponsored Links
agas , the problem was there when no shower head was attached. that pretty much rules out the showerhead wouldn't you say??
Its that old chestnut though Terry, not just with Diy also with other engineers , sometimes when you ask the most basic of questions you will get told , of course I have checked that , when you get on site guess what ????

Its that old chestnut though Terry, not just with Diy also with other engineers , sometimes when you ask the most basic of questions you will get told , of course I have checked that , when you get on site guess what ????
. reminded me of a property i bought to develop a few years ago. engaged a company to build a conservatory , their spark came in one day with a big box ,one of those lights with a fan ,spent an hour assembling it and put on the ceiling .declared it faulty. took it back came back with another. spent another hour and declared thats faulty as well. I asked him if he was sure , he said its a brand new circuit ,only wired up yesterday. I picked up a non contact voltage sensor walked up his ladder and put it to the cable which was dead.the new switch was faulty !!! says it all mate.

Mystery deepens... Been using the shower the last few days, was careful with the dial, trying to find the warmest comfortable temperature without it tripping (also only on medium setting)... It never tripped. So this morning, I decided to test it properly, and just chose the high setting, and got the water really hot (too hot to shower with in this weather)... Left it at least a minute, if not two... and it didn't trip.

ian took words straight from my mind , terryplumb, its surprising how with what he tested in his first post and he didn't test the TCO resistance :unsure::) .he also tested with a multimeter ( tco) in first post but is not willing to test again as seemingly confident with multimeter , why :) . as i said he is only masking the problem ( if a problem now at all ) so its still faulty, he's not willing to sort after spending all this time on this thread and spending all that time trying to diagnose the shower problem in the first place . its surprising how many people say what they have tried/tested but haven't when in the first place ( trying to cover all eventualities i suppose ;) ) it could be the simplest thing like the showerhead ;)(y) .

ian took words straight from my mind , terryplumb, its surprising how with what he tested in his first post and he didn't test the TCO resistance :unsure::) .he also tested with a multimeter ( tco) in first post but is not willing to test again as seemingly confident with multimeter , why :) . as i said he is only masking the problem ( if a problem now at all ) so its still faulty, he's not willing to sort after spending all this time on this thread and spending all that time trying to diagnose the shower problem in the first place . its surprising how many people say what they have tried/tested but haven't when in the first place ( trying to cover all eventualities i suppose ;) ) it could be the simplest thing like the showerhead ;)(y) .
@AGAS had exactly that last week , I do not do plumbing but a mate called to say that his electric shower doesnt get hot and is brand new , went down and this huge rainfall shower head fitted to the shower, he just couldnt get it when I explained that you cant just mix shower heads on electric showers .

I'm not sure why you've all turned against me, seemingly, I've been polite, and very thankful for all your input and suggestions. I've have also not misled any of you, or provided any inaccurate information. I have not said that I've done something I haven't, nor that I haven't done something I have. What would be my motivation to do anything like that?

I came here for help, which you've all initially provided, which again, I was very thankful for, but now, for some reason I don't understand, you've all decided I've done something wrong. All I've done is kept you up to date with what's been happening with the shower. I didn't "refuse" to do anything you suggested, the only thing I haven't done is tested the TCO's resistance, as I haven't had time. In the mean time, I've had to continue using the shower, and simply noticed that in the last few days it's been tripping less, or not at all, and I posted here about it. I have no explanation for this, and I certainly don't believe "it's fixed". It's just strange, but I'm well aware it most likely won't last, like you all observe.

Anyway.

not ALL turned against you old son ,haven't said a word against you. still here to help

I'm not sure why you've all turned against me, seemingly, I've been polite, and very thankful for all your input and suggestions. I've have also not misled any of you, or provided any inaccurate information. I have not said that I've done something I haven't, nor that I haven't done something I have. What would be my motivation to do anything like that?

I came here for help, which you've all initially provided, which again, I was very thankful for, but now, for some reason I don't understand, you've all decided I've done something wrong. All I've done is kept you up to date with what's been happening with the shower. I didn't "refuse" to do anything you suggested, the only thing I haven't done is tested the TCO's resistance, as I haven't had time. In the mean time, I've had to continue using the shower, and simply noticed that in the last few days it's been tripping less, or not at all, and I posted here about it. I have no explanation for this, and I certainly don't believe "it's fixed". It's just strange, but I'm well aware it most likely won't last, like you all observe.
god your a sensitive soul , no one has turned against you ffs ;). help is only useful when you do something about it but if you don't act upon that help its as much use as an ash tray on a motorbike .(y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back