Misleading connector ?

Sponsored Links
That style of rubber plug (with the small base and the large wrap around cover that you have to feed the flex through) seems to have fallen out of favour.
Indeed. Probably because too many people got fed up of pulling their hair out .... Hands up those who have never resorted to the side-cutters or Stanley knife :)

Kind Regards, John

smiley-raised-hand1.gif

smiley-raised-hand1.gif

But I think i've only worked with that style of plug once or twice in my life.

Sponsored Links
...But I think i've only worked with that style of plug once or twice in my life.
Fair enough but they were once pretty commonplace.

Mind you, the irritation when one forgot to thread the cable through the cover of one of those plugs fades into total insignificance compared with the same error (not remedial with either side-cutters or Stanley knife), that I made a good few times in the distant past, with multi-core (20-100 way) cables/connectors :)

Kind Regards, John

But I think i've only worked with that style of plug once or twice in my life.

Some of us are of an age that they have fitted so many, they no longer forget to slide the cover onto the flex first...

Sad or what? ;)

Some of us are of an age that they have fitted so many, they no longer forget to slide the cover onto the flex first... Sad or what? ;)
I'm also of that age, but I can't say that I ever developed immunity from making the error! Probably the most frustrating thing was to remember to slide the cover onto the flex first, but to slide it on the wrong way around:)

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back