Mistral Exhaust Silencer Flue (Oil)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know who can supply a replacement Exhaust Flue for a Mistral oil boiler Model M1A BF ?
Thanks
readyt

Sponsored Links
You will be lucky to find one of these. Why doyou need one? Are you moving the boiler or is it damaged?

Cor mate you'll be lucky,oil head when did they stop making them,the only thing to do is ring mistral and ask if they've any old stock laying about.Bob

Mistral wont have any old stock, but if the outer section is sound, then it is possible to disassemble the unit and replace the inner tube. It is only 4" single wall with a 90o elbow. Some of the later ones were semi enclosed, but the earlier ones were open squares with the inner flue exposed, and held in place with stays.

Sponsored Links
Could be if there's a sheet metal works they can make a flue especially if they have a seam welder
it wouldn't cost the earth.Bob

You will be lucky to find one of these. Why doyou need one? Are you moving the boiler or is it damaged?
The outer case of the silencer is rusted through and letting exhaust gas into the inlet and making the boiler misfire
readyt

Have you a picture of the flue? There are several variations. A picture or sketch may help.

Thanks for advice. I again contacted Mistral and spoke to a technical person called Graham. It turned out they could supply me with a stainless flue which would fit my boiler. Only problem I had was the outlet pipe was too short. I got over this by having one made up. Now looking for Stainless Flue Guard. Old one was plated and rusted through. Any ideas? Size 355mm x 355mm x175mm Plumbers merchants do not do one big enough.
readyt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back