Mistral Oil Combi Leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was called out to a Mistral 70/90 Combi, 2005 model, last night. It was leaking either from the main waterway in the boiler or from the thermal store for the hot water.

Rang Mistral who say either part no longer available, but they may be able to weld up any holes or splits if I can take it apart.

Customer not so keen and wants a new boiler but is annoyed as it was only 6½ years old. I have suggested a Grant 26 Vtx Pro Combi instead.

Has anyone else suffered from a leaking Mistral?

Sponsored Links
Most likely the thermal store.

Don't know what the arrangement of the piping is.
I would try and disconnect the thermal store and run it as a normal boiler.

Had a Worcester thermal store leak at 10 years.

Fit the Grant Vortex 26 a far better boiler than the Mistral and easier to service repipeing without the store will just end in tears and liturgation!! :cry:

Went to a 4 year old Warmflow combi yesterday with a leaking heat exchanger, customer called Warmflow this morning, new boiler and Warmflow fitter are in the post..... I didn't much care for the boiler but he didn't even need to ask for a new boiler and they told him that it was still under warranty from the serial number so top marks for their good attitude..

Sponsored Links
go for the grant,had nothing but trouble with mistral just about to replace a heat exchanger on two year old model.
Re warmflow not so good either i replaced one at eleven months old no problem from warmflow the replacement has just failed at four years old,leaking internally warmflow do not want to know.System fitted with shunt pump so no problem with back end corrosion.Just for the record the original boiler and system i installed boiler, lasted 18 years. :mad:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back