Misty Goggles.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know of anything that stops goggles misting other than fairy liquid?

Sponsored Links
They used to say rubbing a cut potato on the lens would stop it back in my motorbiking days. I don't know if I ever tried it to be honest. I usually use fairy liquid as you said.

I've done a google and the potato and spit both come up. Seems fairy liquid is still the most popular tho. :cry:

Sponsored Links
I've started wearing wraparound safety specs rather than goggles (woodworking) and they're much more comfortable and don't mist.

Can't be used for everything, but worth considering.

Yeh I also prefer wrap around spec's or flip up full face screen allows the wearing of spec's, I haven't used goggles for years I found the restricted vision with mist, muck and bad design a health hazard

Yeah I use those specs too but I was fixing insulation above my head so needed full goggles.

I bought these from screw fix69051 dewalt and they are much better than any I have used before.

I got these.

They get very good reviews and I reckon they are great with a bit of Fairy Liquid. I'd buy them again no probs.

I may as well take the lenses out. :confused:

I have some ski goggles I bought in Colorado. They are double-glazed and have a tiny, battery operated fan to blow fresh air in through a filter.

This is not a joke. I think they are Scott brand. Do a search. Sit down first.

Ski shops also sell a variety of anti-fogging treatments, it's a common problem.

You get these for motorbike crash helmet visors. They're called Pinlock, it's a stuck/suction on piece of polythene (well, thats what it looks like anyway), it works perfectly and still gives you perfect vision. I suppose it's sort of double glazing really.

Never tried any but UVEX Ultrasonic 9302s are supposed to be very good

I think divers rub toothpaste into the lens to prevent misting, but I might have misunderstood that idea?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back