Safety Glasses/Goggles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im after safety glasses/goggles that do not mist up as soon as I start working with them on such as chiselling/grinding etc.

what ones do you all recommend I get?

Sponsored Links
This is such an issue, I use a combined helmet and visor......maybe not as much protection but at least you can see when the angle grinder digs into a knuckle :eek:
John :)

get them warm before you start. Maybe on the heater outlet of your van, maybe stuff them down your jumper.

there are anti-mist gels widely used by skiers and motorcyclists, if you are ever in a sports or biker shop ask for a pocket pack. Opticians may have wipes or sprays.
this sort of thing http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Storm-ant...686341?hash=item4b082c93c5:g:9LcAAOSwknJX1tlS

You can also rub undiluted shampoo on the surface with your fingers, and polish it off with a soft cloth. Both the goggles and the cloth must be perfectly clean, or you will put a pattern of tiny scratches on the surface. Wash them in clean water with a tiny bit of WUL, never try to clean lenses dry. Builders dust is very abrasive.

If your face is hot and sweaty, wash or wipe it dry first.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Overkill maybe but some folk rave about positive pressure masks like this https://www.trenddirectuk.com/air-p...6L0JJSYEyDLII2F37JKhd-J7XuCEsSbm3LBoCcjTw_wcB

I've gone for stanley wraparound safety specs but I've found stuff (bits rather than dust) can still get past them into my eye so I may go for some goggles and dig out the Sea Drops from my scuba gear. Sea Gold is meant to be pretty good (works for multiple dives).

get them warm before you start. Maybe on the heater outlet of your van, maybe stuff them down your jumper.
That works...until they cool down - I found this when I was working outside the other week when it was nippy!

I have some with a little fan, but they are designed for abnormally cold conditions, not dusty ones.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back