Mita zest won't turn on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
8r5Ik

Good afternoon everyone

My electric show has stop working yesterday I don't get any power from pull cord shown below. I have turn switch board in CU on and off still no power to electric shower. Light in bathroom work fine any solution also a newbie thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20170305_141306.jpg
    20170305_141306.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I would suspect a broken switch.

Does it feel 'normal' or is it stiff/hard when you pull the cord?

Sponsored Links
Can anyone guide me to how to change it e.g YouTube video or previous troubleshooting done to resolve the issue

Is there an RCD in the consumer unit? (larger device with a test button, may be more than 1). If so, is any other device powered by that RCD working?
Does the red light in that switch come on and go off when you pull the cord? (If yes then problem is probably not the switch)
Is the house/flat/whatever yours or do you rent it? (If you're renting, call the landlord- his/her problem)
Finally, changing a shower switch is not difficult but is not a task for someone who appears to have very little experience working with electricity. The cables are going to be quite large and awkward to work with. You need to ensure (and prove) that the circuit is dead and cannot be accidentally energised by anyone else in the house before removing any screws. You'll need a decent screwdriver to unscrew the terminals.

I have checked the RCD box switch it off and on by press the yellow button. Sockets are working fine from the same RCD box. Also a small red light comes on just for second on the switch when i turn it on.I have upload picture with below how my RCD box looks like

Attachments

• 20170305_155318.jpg
    20170305_155318.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 68
Also a small red light comes on just for second on the switch when i turn it on.I
The switch is damaged, or one of the wires to it is loose - which usually means the switch has been damaged anyway.
New switch required.

Just taken off the switch where is the best place to but replacement one ?

Attachments

• 20170305_162919.jpg
    20170305_162919.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 82
Yep, new switch time. Is the place rented or do you own it? (If rented, landlords problem)
Screwfix or Toolstation, get yourself a good screwdriver and a multimeter while you're there (unless you already own them(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back