Mitox 251c Strimmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My strimmer, which is about one year old is not behaving. It starts ok but, but as soon as I press the 'lever' (Can't remember what you call it) fully, it cuts out. I thought it might be needing a new air filter but it seems clean enough. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
The lever is sticking out of the engine? If so, its the choke/cold start, leave it for 10 to 15 seconds in the start position and then see if you rev rev the engine up? Or will it rev up if you leave it in the start position?

Usually 2 small fasteners holding the carburetor on the engine, they might be loose? The carburetor is the bit the air filter fits on to. Would the petrol mix be from last year?

Sorry, it was the throttle I meant...it starts and idles but when I press the throttle, it cuts out.

Sponsored Links
I don't know this particular make, but it will need a carburettor strip down, if you feel confident enough.
Does it have a Zama carburettor?
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back