mix n fill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to sand my woodblock floor and after reading various topics on this subject am going to use mix and fill woodfiller :confused: for any gaps i have .
I understand that you mix the filler with sawdust from the second sand and that you fill any larger of the gaps first, what i am not sure about is the last part of the filling process when people seem to be saying that you actually cover the whole floor with the filler (almost like a screed) and then sand off when dry?

Can anybody confirm that i have understood this correctly and if not point me in the right direction.

cheers paul

Sponsored Links
Hi Paul

The mix of sanddust and filler you can see as a kind of plaster. You indeed fill the larger gaps first and then to fill all tiny gaps you 'plaster' the mix over the floor (very thinly, other wise you keep on sanding ;) afterwards.)
Hop this makes it more clear

Thanks once again for clearing that up , will let you no how i get on and no doubt will be seeking further advice.

cheers paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back