Mixer adapter to connect to my drill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I saw some mixing paddles that you can buy for a drill (for mixing plaster) but they cost £30 each. Does anyone know if there are any cheaper ones than this available from anywhere?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
You can get cheaper ones to - they're usually smaller.

Check out B&Q and your local builders merchants - they should have them for £10 - £15.

Regards

Fred

I bought one from screwfix that was about £4, does the job well enough! Mixed browning, finish, and self levelling compound with it. Bear in mind though that you have to spend in excess of about £40 at Screwfix otherwise handling charges are incurred.

I walked into screwfix and got a free coffee.........no handling charge either ;)

Sponsored Links
FredFlintstone said:
You can get cheaper ones to - they're usually smaller.

Check out B&Q and your local builders merchants - they should have them for £10 - £15.

Regards

Fred

you should be looking at less than six quid !!!

seaangler said:
FredFlintstone said:
you should be looking at less than six quid !!!

True, but if you want a bigger paddle that'll mix a full Flexi Bucket of finishing plaster quickly then it'll cost you more - and is well worth the extra.

Regards

Fred

FredFlintstone said:
Nige F said:
I walked into screwfix and got a free coffee.........no handling charge either ;)

I do that too. Number 25 on the machine. White, extra sugar.

D'ya grab a couple of pencils too?

Number 23 on the machine. White - no sugar.

I always feel like a crim when I stuff half a dozen pencils in my pocket. I suppose it is theft - but I spend an awful lot of dosh in there.

Our coffee machine has a big notice on it that says "This machine uses hot water" - it hardly surprises me - who wants cold coffee? Health and safety gone mad.

joe-90 said:

Our coffee machine has a big notice on it that says "This machine uses hot water" - it hardly surprises me - who wants cold coffee? Health and safety gone mad.

packet of peanuts, caution may contain nuts

breezer said:
joe-90 said:
.packet of peanuts, caution may contain nuts

In the Caution section of th instruction manual for an iron:

"Do not iron clothes while wearing them"!!!

On the instructions on the BOTTOM of a Tesco dessert:

"Do not turn upside down"!!!

I got a couple of mixing paddles from Lidl a few months ago. £1.99 for an 8mm shafted one and £2.99 for an 10mm shafted one (about the same size as the B&Q £6ish one).

8mm has a smaller head and shorter shaft than the 10mm. Used the larger one for mixing floor tile goo and SLC and the smaller for grout.

Not been used that heavily so I cant vouch for quality, but after mixing a few buckets of self leveling and floor adhesive the big 'uns still going strong.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back