Which drill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a dewalt 18v drill old style it has been a very good drill but could do with an new one and a second one so of course planing the new type drill so what do you all think?? Which drill dewalt 18v one or the Makita 18v one??

I have been happy with my old dewalt drill but been here mixed story's about each drill so would love to hear from all you people out there with your thoughts.

Thanks Paul.

Sponsored Links
Makita - by a long way.
Have a look at the poll thread. Even with limited feedback so far it shows DW is not considered a good range anymore

Ok guys thanks for that, but I have one question why do people say the dewalt dw 708 saw us the best? And it's an amazing saw.

As for Bosch yes there very good I would say, as I have ever bought the green stuff when I was young and still have it that's been about 15 years old and the electric drill I put it thru it's paces as I use it for mixing plaster. Might try bosch blue.

Thanks Paul.

Sponsored Links
Ok guys thanks for that, but I have one question why do people say the dewalt dw 708 saw us the best? And it's an amazing saw.

As for Bosch yes there very good I would say, as I have ever bought the green stuff when I was young and still have it that's been about 15 years old and the electric drill I put it thru it's paces as I use it for mixing plaster. Might try bosch blue.

Thanks Paul.

probably because its a bloody big beast,that does anything and everything.most bevel 1 way only this does both.

mind you shame it aint a 'ELU' ;)

if you know someone with any bosch blue ask for a go on them and see what you think in real terms,before spending your hard earned.

Really? I for one don't, and I'm far from alone! For a kick-off they flex all over the place (the frame as well as the blade) making them problematic to say the least as a tool to cut large section oak cornice mouldings, etc. The DW718 is a bit better, but the Makita LS1214 is far more rigid than either. Tried the newest Hitachi 12in a few years back and that flexes badly , too. Haven't tried the new Bosch 12in glider yet, so can't say about that. Don't believe me? Take a look round a few of the US forums
Nota that my comments apply only to the 12in sliders. I used the DW717XP for a month last years and was impressed - but that's a 10in saw

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back