Mixer tap hot/cold connections

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have recently installed a mixer tap + shower head set to a new bath. During the installation I had a few issues and before I fix everything finally I wanted to check I wasn't locking in any future problems. The issue stemmed from the photos/instructions not matching up with how the taps actually functioned. I have attached the tap instructions to help illustrate.

The two questions I have are:
1. Does it matter if the inlet/outlet to the tap are switched (see attached image)? The instructions say the hot/cold inlet should be in the bottom and out at the side, however because of the length of flexible pipes and their position I've switched them.
2. Does it matter that the tap housing which are marked hot/cold (with a red dot or a blue dot on the side) are switched? I had to do this because to have the hot tap on the left and opening it to be an anti-clockwise movement.

Any help would be appreciated before I finally fix the bath in place. I have tested the taps and bath and the only thing that may be an issue is that the tap dribbles out water 5 minutes or so after use (as the water trapped inside the tap empties out) but I don't think that's directly related as the taps are off at this point.

Attachments

• Tap instructions.jpg
    Tap instructions.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 38
Sponsored Links
Without more info ,I would expect not following the manufacturer's instructions to not be very wise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back