Mixer Tap repair/despair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a High Neck Mono kitchen mixer tap. The hot water tap works fine however the cold water tap, more specifically the water throughput, has recently become a mere trickle. I realised that there was probably a problem with the valve mechanism within the tap and that it wasn't opening fully? I decided to dismantle the tap and check the condition of the valve. I got as far as the brass circ-clip but could not see any means by which the clip could be removed? I assumed that there would be locating holes in the clip that would allow me to attach a pair of circ-clip pliers? How do I remove the circ-clip? Once the clip is removed I assume that the valve mechanism will lift out of the housing? Any idea what is causing the lack of throughput and is it worth repairing if it can be repaired?

Thanks for now.

Sponsored Links
lever the circlip off and if it`s buggered get a new pair of tapheads from a diy store ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back