Mk RCB replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I suspect my existing RCB defective and would like to replace it, its a 100A LN7700

But I got the feeling its discontinued.

With what can I replace it, it,s on a 14 way CU

Thanks if you can advise

Sponsored Links
30D02ADC-5D3B-44CD-8F65-85FE5C980F6A.jpeg

More likely a fault on an outgoing circuit, theres a good chance you will be wasting your time and money.
just going by the labelled circuits you appear to have a fair amount of circuits that are prone to Rcd tripping faults

Sponsored Links
I see an RCD. Is that the item that is tripping. ???
As above, it will almost certainly be one of the circuits causing this, not the RCD.

I smell problems when I see words like summer house, pond and pond heater (45amps, that’s a big heater!).

Get an electrician to test the connected circuits one at a time. That will probably identify the guilty party.

PS It is very bad practice to have one up front RCD. It is a single point of failure which is against guidelines.
It needs sorting out, but if you can afford a Tesla, you can afford a couple of hours of a competent electrician.

Looks like every circuit is SWA or am I mistaken? Lots of power consumed!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back