MK RCD Wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Just a quickie i hope. MK RCD labeled up 1 to 4. Am i right in saying 1 = Supply Phase, 2 = Phase Out, 3 = Supply Neutral, 4 = Neutral out. ?

Cheers
Jambo

Sponsored Links
Top left> Neutral feed
Top Right> Live feed
Bottom right >busbar connection
Bottom left>Neutral to Neutral bar

Not sure on the numbers you give, is there a diagram on the front of it? Normally you put the 2 in at the top and 2 out at the bottom.

Sponsored Links
MK5780.JPG

Like this?

It appears MK has N on left.

Some RCD's don't mind, as long as you keep sides, ie if you put live to left do that on incoming & outgoing.

It is a good idea to at least mechanically test the RCD before installing it - the test button will NOT work without power, but I just get out the megger, set it on 200mA continuity setting, place one probe on the incoming live terminal, and the other on the outgoing live terminal, making sure the RCD is in the ON position, press TEST, and the device must trip out, Repeat the same for the neutral terminals.
Only if this test passes, do I proceed with installation of the RCD. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back