MK secret key

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was installing some MK emergency lighting test switches, and I noticed they have changed the design of the key to include an extra bit.

Does any one know what this bit is for as it will not operate the switch

fishkey.jpg

(there is that ruler again :LOL: )

Sponsored Links
I think it's for undoing certain kinds of security screw.

MK will sell you thier accessories with a form of security screw (both as the fixing screws and as the fuse carrier screws on FCUs) to stop them being messed with when in public areas. I presume that thing is meant for unscrewing those (they used to sell a seperate tool for doing them but i guess they decided it was just easier to combine it with the fish key)

RF,

That ruler must be the most famous ruler i know. It's amazing how many shots it's appeared in :D

More famous that Mell Gibson

Sponsored Links
RF, remember when I was at my old shop and I ordered a load of MK fish keys for the shop floor lights? Back in January? That is what they sent us ;) The design is ancient lol. :LOL: I had wondered what the extra bit was for on the back, thought maybe for a different kind of switch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back