MK Fish Key

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So, MK changed the design of their fish key a couple years back. It has exactly the same 'key', but the footprint of the key itself has changed.

I assumed it was just to save some money or something, but.......what is the bit on the back of the key for? It looks like it is designed for something??

Sponsored Links
according to some blurb i have just read it "will fit the new and old style of MK key switches"

Sponsored Links
That has been bugging me too for ages!

Now I know I can dismantle an entire Glasgow Subway train with the fish key on my keyring if I get bored - they use those screws exclusively!

Colin C

I find they dont fit well on keyrings now though.
I hacksaw that bit off and file it down before handing them over now

Cool!!!! Have had one on my key ring for 3 years!! Always thought it was to make it look more 'fishy'!!!!

Can't actually recall putting a fish key switch in for absolutely ages thou!!!

:D :D

Use them quite often, and always thought the new key was a bit budget TBH! Still have some of the more suave keys in my tool box!

301keo5.png

Also the emerg test switches seem to have gone from red writing to grey recently for some reason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back