Replacement key for safety screws on bathroom bulkhead light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am looking to find a key for the security screws on the bathroom bulkhead lights at a property that I look after, the bolts are triangular in shape but are much smaller than a standard gas box key. I managed to take the old bolts out using snipe nose pliers but because of the design of the diffuser it was a real faff, if I could just get my hands on the key my life would be so much easier! I do think that the original installer would have left the key with the owner but that was a while ago and has been list at some point. :D

Any idea's?

Regards

Sponsored Links
I presume they are 2D fittings?

If so, they sound like thorn fittings.

Give their helpline a ring. They might send you one if they are in a good mood :)

Why not just change the screws for some Torx ones?? (the ones with a centre pin)

I know it doesn't help with getting them out, but it would help for future maintenance!!

Sponsored Links
Do you own a small socket set?

Can't remember what size you need but one of the small ones (around 4mm IIRC) works a treat.

We found this out when we had bent all of our stock of keys :LOL:

Thanks guys, they are 2D, I will give thorn a call, I had tryed a socket set that the maintenance man had but it was missing a few mine was let at home (no f**kin good there is it)!

Great idea about the Torx also.

:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back