MK Sentry CU timers

• Thread starter ColinJacobson
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so we don't end up with ten pages of disagreements and uncertainly, the answer to your question is yes. An MCB is required to provide overcurrent protection.

No they don't.

Are you seriously saying that you would be happy installing a lighting circuit with NO over-current protection at all?????

Are you seriously saying that I suggested any such thing. :LOL: :LOL:

Stop reading between the lines, and just read whats been written.

...... and even if the OP didn't phrase the question very well, I think we can all see what the intent was.

Yes and it appears that he has achieved his aim!!!! again!

Sponsored Links
Can't give a full reply at the moment cos I'm laughing too much, will respond later. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I will, as ever, look forward to it!

...... and even if the OP didn't phrase the question very well, I think we can all see what the intent was.

Yes and it appears that he has achieved his aim!!!! again!

Whether or not this thread is a windup bothers me not. This forum is regularly spidered by search engines, so it's very conceivable someone could come across this topic again in the future. While a correct and concise answer may be of no interest at all to the OP, it certainly could help someone else out in the future.

What's more, ColinJacobson's question is a little less open-ended this time than what we've seen from him in the past few days, so unless holmslaw decides to degenerate this thread into endless babble as he so often does, I fail to see what more there is to add to the discussion.

I had an apprentice on site last week who could wire one of these to a contractor from a TPN board.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can if you design it correctly used a larger feed to a contractor enclosure...
Blimey, that's a bit harsh, mate! Not only do you wire up your work colleagues, it appears you imprison them as well!

Good show! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I am Dyslexic I can just about spell, so some times I do not come across clear. But I did not connect a contractor to a TPN board, that would have been a mess! This was a 250A submain I was working on. I was trying to spell contactor. It did sound funny when I read back over it.

The Contractor is the person installing the equipment!
The Contactor is the electronic switching device that goes clunk when activated or deactivated by the controlling circuitry! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
The MK Sentry timers used on the CU DIN rail. Not the time delay type. Do these need a normal mcb as well? If a timer is used on lighting will the normal 6A mcb need to be used in series with the timer?

Just so we don't end up with ten pages of disagreements and uncertainly, the answer to your question is yes. An MCB is required to provide overcurrent protection.

Thank you. That was easy wasn't it? Much better than the silliness in post No. 2

That's how it looked to me. The OP asked whether or not an MCB would be required before the timer, to which you replied no. This seems to suggest it would be OK to feed the timer straight from the busbar, which of course it is not. Your answer was very misleading at best, and even if the OP didn't phrase the question very well, I think we can all see what the intent was.

Exactly. The question was very clear and specific.

While a correct and concise answer may be of no interest at all to the OP,

It is that is why I asked it.

so unless holmslaw decides to degenerate this thread into endless babble as he so often does, I fail to see what more there is to add to the discussion.

I see. That is why post No. 2 was there. I will ignore the troll.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back