MK Sentry 100A Switch Disconnector recall

oo7

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys.

Has anyone had to change a MK Sentry 100A Switch Disconnector on the product recall yet?

I went to check one of my MK CU I fitted and found that it's part of the recall. Now I need to replace the switch and, by request of MK, fill out a minor works ticket for the job.

My question is what the hell am I meant to test in regards to the circuit details and test results. Phoning the "hot line" isn't very helpfull as the computer says "no".

Many thanks,
Chris.

Sponsored Links
I have one to do when they send "the pack" out to me.

It was a CU I fitted for a customer, and he sourced it himself from SF.

On the phone to them, they say the only issue with the switch is the plastic around the terminals. If you over tighten the terminal screw you can damage the plastic on the side of the switch and this then prevents the terminal from being done all the way up.

Apparently you would know you have done this, and would know the terminal is not tight, but because some bodgy electricians or installers have done this and not replaced the switch, they have overheated at the terminations.

I don't believe they are a fire hazard unless you have damaged them when tightening the terminal up, and then just thought "ah sod it, it will be alright".

Sponsored Links
I would do a Ze or Zs and a global IR putting L&N together.

Yeah, Ze normally done on incoming supply. But this in an incomer isn't it?

As for global IR, I do that test when swapping out faulty RCD's.

Got one board, a twin RCD board, both RCD's failed.... :evil:

Ban, you're waffling, matey!

Get to the point!

Isn't it obvious from what I wrote where the tests are conducted?

Am I missing something?

My brain hurts.

No doubt you'll reveal all.

See you tomorrow.

I mean, later.

Ok, thanks guys. I still can't see the point of testing a circuit but I think I'll just test a ring to satisfy the requirement to fill out in ful a MW ticket. :rolleyes:

That's the thing, nothing you can test on a circuit has anything to do with the main switch. Ok maybe Zs but now we're working live for an "unnessersary" reason. Testing a global IR isn't really going to involve the main switch.

I'll just do the job as if I've made an alteration to a ring main and test there.

Thanks again guys.

I think it's stretching it a bit to call plugging a tester into a socket "working live"...

Lol. That's why I will test a ring final rather than a lighting circuit. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back