MK Sentry question

and the electrician doing it showed me it worked by showing that the RCDs themselves tripped when the test button was pressed with electricity going through.

This isn't the way to test if an rcd is working correctly, anyone doing electrics compenant or not, should have a tester.

Hell, I'm not an electrian but I have one.

Sponsored Links
What a bodge.

Certainly with the mains switch the L breaks before the N.

Maybe rcds are the same.

I would like to think any isolator that breaks one pole before the other would have it's terminals marked up very clearly...

I would like to think any isolator that breaks one pole before the other would have it's terminals marked up very clearly...

Forgive me if I'm wrong the pictures are to blurry to see if they are marked or not?

Sponsored Links
Forgive me if I'm wrong the pictures are to blurry to see if they are marked or not?

Its on the schematic wiring diagram
1 and N at top and 2 and N at the bottom
Same as on the pic posted by ELI

That entire abortion needs to be confined to the bin, and be sorted out by someone who actually has the first clue about what they're doing.

Good grief. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back