MK RCBO Recall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
MK have issued a recall for some of their B and C curve RCBOs

CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS

The recall notice states

We have identified a potential safety issue with the manufacture of a limited number of MK Sentry RCBOs which may result in the device failing to trip under certain very limited circumstances, leading to the risk of electric shock.

Luckily I am a Hager man!

Sponsored Links
I'm curious to know how the professionals here will deal with this

(Edit - snip rest, new message below.)

Last edited:
Its a problem, I think as the product information is on the original packaging (and we always keep that!), or you have to unclip the RCBO from the busbar and physically remove it from the busbar to find the batch code.

Not a problem for me as the last MK Sentry board I installed was about 6 years ago!

I had a new CU fitted in Jan. One of the RCBOs was bought later than the others and has a functional earth wire; the earlier ones don't. I have found the box for this later RCBO and it is affected, but I can only find the date codes for the others by removing them. Does anyone know if the start of the affected devices corresponds with the change to use a functional earth wire?

Sponsored Links
On the product info link, there is a help line to call for help in identifying which RCBOs are affected. How about calling them?

Boy! I am glad i have just ripped out my MK cu and replaced it with Hager :)
I feel sorry for the self employed electrician's who have to deal with this, and the hassle it causes for them.

Hope they compensate you for your time.

DS

If they're anything like wylex, good luck getting any help at all sorting out their F up.

Cheers, Lec. The link in the list at the top of the thread could do with a minor edit adding "MK" to the list.

Guess that'll have to be Ban.

If you mean the tags? I tried to put MK in there, but we are not allowed a tag that consists of only two characters:rolleyes:

They seam to be using the fact this it has "by Honeywell" printed on the front, to be a good indicator that the batch code IS GOOD

Last edited:
They seam to be using the fact this it has "by Honeywell" printed on the front, to be a good indicator that the batch code needs checking.
Andy. I think that you should read the information in the link CAREFULLY and then modify your post accordingly!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back