Mmm..

Sponsored Links
P.S. The only thing Mrs N had to do was carve the meat and plate-up. She does not do beef all that well. Happy Fathers Day.(y)

(Jersey Royals, roasters after par boiling, 1 hour butchers roasted beef, meat juice gravy, oven pan baked Yorkshire, firm but not raw broccoli all on heated plates).

Get in!

Lovely bit of beef. (y) Dunno how you do yours but I seal it and use a meat thermometer. It says it is cooked when it reaches 62°C but if you let it get to that in the oven it will keep on cooking. I take it out at 40°C, foil it and leave for 1 hour minimum. Perfecto. I find I cook better when I’m wearing my see-through apron. :whistle:

9E434959-21C9-48E6-9856-894697442AB9.jpeg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Dunno how you do yours
Look and feel the size. Smear oil, pepper and a wee bit of salt and bang it in the oven on about 190 for an hour - or so. Remove the foil after 1/2 an hour to brown her up.
Leave to rest 10+ mins before carving. Keep the foil to cover the meat whilst resting.

I remember a food programme on R4 talking about the difficulty for vegans going to restaurants, one guy said he rung a steak house to to enquire if they had anything for vegans, the answer was "yes, utter contempt" and the line went dead

Sounds a bit like a Billy Connolly sketch.

"is there a vegetarian option?"

"yes, you can f**k off"

As a vegetarian I take offence.. no not really!

However, roasted jersey spuds? Should be king Edward potatoes - they make the best roasties :)

Sponsored Links
Back