Mobile phone CMOS battery replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
(hope it's the right section)

I have a Panasonic GD87 mobile telephone which suits me fine, and yes, I have owned it for a long time.
I believe the battery that powers the clock etc. when changing batteries is deaded so have established it's location in the phone, but it seems to be retained by more than a clip, has anybody any experience of this?

Panasonic could not give me any information as "the product is no longer available".

Sponsored Links
How far have you got down the line of replacing it?

Many thanks for the reply and the link; as to the internal workings I cannot find any information, nor suggestions as to how to replace it.
I have opened it up and found the button battery, but cannot identify it, and it seems fixed as opposed to held in position.
Panasonic have been less than helpful.
thanks again.

Sometimes they are held in place by a metal strap which unscrews; other cells have terminals that are soldered to the PCB.

Can you take any piccys?

Sponsored Links
Sometimes they are held in place by a metal strap which unscrews; other cells have terminals that are soldered to the PCB.

Can you take any piccys?

I'll have another look in daylight, thanks again.

All I can see, puzzlingly, are a load of my pictures, including this one:

Think you posted my photo's instead of yours!!

These are yours!

There does seem to be some wording stamped on the case of the battery.

And is the battery retained under that metal clip or is the battery attached to it?

Does it push out from underneath it?

There should be a brand name or product code on the battery you can ID it from.

There does seem to be some wording stamped on the case of the battery.

And is the battery retained under that metal clip or is the battery attached to it?

Does it push out from underneath it?

There should be a brand name or product code on the battery you can ID it from.

The letters on the battery "ML614R Panasonic Japan", I think that narrows it down a bit.
The clips don't move and appear to be soldered on, as does the base of the clip, and I cannot move it from below.
Now will not have time for a couple of days to go back into it.
Thanks for your attention.
Planenut

I'm sorry, pn.

I've gone to the top of Panasonic & they cannot get hold of the batteries as they are out of production.

They think there will be some "on-line companies" that might hold stock, but I have done a worldwide search with little sucess. I can find the ones without contacts soldered on, but not those with.

I'm clutching at straws, but could the existing contacts be re-soldered onto a new battery?

Sponsored Links
Back