Mobile phone reception

I've got an even better suggestion for all this, height, carry around a tall set of ladders, every time you want to make/receive a call, clime up the ladder, there is even a better signal up there.

Sponsored Links
im with 3 and had really bad signal at home for years. I threatened to leave them and they eventually agreed to give me a "home signal box". This connects to the internet and act like a mast in my living room and gives me full signal throughout the house. I think all the companies have a similar box so may be worth asking.

Hope this helps

^^
EE/Orange/T-Mobile have these Femotocells too, called Signal Box

Vodafone have a Femtocell as well which I think they call Sure Signal?

That leaves O2, not sure if they have one?

If you are working on site at e.g. a customer house I see no reason not to plug it into their router on site if there is no mobile signal and the customer is happy.

I will write a little disclaimer here though as the Femtocell is registered to your home address so any emergency calls made over it will be dispatched to the registered address therefore it's not so good if you slip with the circular saw, slice your vocal chords and make a silent 999 call!

there is a booster device that simply plugs into a Broadband socket - or so O2 have told me (they are sending me one FOC due to **** poor signal in our area (was with Orange which was OK) I'll try it when I get it and let you know how it works out! ;)

Sponsored Links
Sounds like O2 have a femtocell as well then - like you said it simply plugs into an Ethernet port on your router.

This post was made on a 3G connection via an EE Signal Box!

I've got an even better suggestion for all this, height, carry around a tall set of ladders, every time you want to make/receive a call, clime up the ladder, there is even a better signal up there.
Great idea better still can you buy Bluetooth ladders
still stuck with the Nokia 820 still learning how to use it seems to work ok

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back