Mobile phone won't turn on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I hope I am posting this in the right section.

I have a Siemens A60 mobile which was working perfectly for over a year then suddenly when I tried to turn it on all it does is light up briefly, buzz and go out. Thinking it might be the battery (although I keep it well charged) I tried to charge it and exactly the same happened. I tried it on the car charger, and the same. I bought a new battery and ditto.

I have looked on the internet and there is lots of incomprehensible stuff about "Freia" "flash" and so on, which makes no sense to me.

Please can anyone help or point me in the right direction? I live in Medway, Kent, if that's any help.

Sponsored Links
I know this will sound flippant, but I would guess it is probably broken. Moby's life spans are quite often about a year or so (well mine are anyhow), are you eligible for and upgrade / was it insured?

Hello, no to both, I think. I have another (Motorola Brick) mobile which is still working after 8 years. I can use that but the Siemens has lots of stored messages I want to keep.

I have seen plenty of reference to this A60 problem on the internet and there are ways of fixing it, but I don't understand the tecchie lingo.

Hmm, yep a quick look on google does indeed yield a load of gibberish, can you take it back or perhaps contact siemens support ?

Sorry not a lot of help I know.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for trying. I am holding out hope some of the geniuses on here might be able to help. :D

In the worse case, if you cannot get it repaired, you can at least recover the info from the sim card with the appropriate software & reader.

jj, I can use the simcard in the other phone, but it doesn't have the saved messages, only my phone numbers. I don't know about software & a reader, though. What is that?

It is only useful for recovering files stored on the sim card, which you can use in another phone anyway, so it will be of no use to you in recovering messages. I should have said " or another phone if possible" if the data has not been lost or corrupted or deleted. Sorry :oops:

Removing the battery for a few minutes and replacing might sort it out

Sponsored Links
Back