Model Boat Building - Plans

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know I can count on you chaps!

My father has just completed a model of the Will Everard, which has taken him about, wait for it...

25 years! :eek: But does look very good!

I was fishing for Christmas gift ideas and he mentioned that he fancies a go at building a Brixham Trawler next (quite local to us) But have only found a couple of places on the web and seem a little pricey...

Now, as much as I love the old bugger!!!

So, do any of you have any good pointers? He'll want just plans as he wants to build from scratch. I'd hate to spend a small fortune and find out that they aren't very good etc.

Any ideas???

Sponsored Links
Are you looking for a kit or for a set of plans?

Go into W.H.Smiths and see if there are model boat magazines or model magazines that include boats.

Some of the model magazines run a catalogue of plans available by mail order.

uhm !! 3 score years and 10, gets you 2.8 completed boats at 25 yrs a throw, if he started at , say 25 yrs age, now 50, guess you don't really need the full plans ... 20% less should see him through !!

You have no contacts harbourside then ? Boatyards ... get the real thing full size !!

On the other hand :-
www.skipper.co.uk/catsmp.htm ????

pdieselring.gif

Bish-bash-bosh !!

http://www.boatinglinks.com/

;)

Sponsored Links
A mate told me about his model of the Titanic made entirely out of matches, eager to see it i popped around his house he keeps it in his garage he said, he opened the door and i eagerly looked around for it to which he picked up a big box of matches opened them up and tipped them on the floor and said this is the titanic...... after it hit the iceberg! :)

Back