mod's and admin

D

Dean744PiN5

diy gas sticky doesn't make any mention of removing covers to fit smart stats, you are being extremely naive, probably because you believe diy'er should be allowed to open their boiler cases up, are you D hailsham or JohnD by any chance?

Like i said the amount of threads coming up surely deserves a sticky to save the pro's on here having to explain again and again the same questions. Surely that is a decision for admin to make and not a mod.

After all it is our advise that keeps the traffic coming in and thus the advertising revenue.

Also i haven't abused any questioners so get your facts straight!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Actually all it needs is an extra sentence to cover that DIYers should not open room sealing case parts.

Opening sealed parts of a boiler is required for most fault investigations as well as connecting stats.

The effect of this is that some boiler models like the Ecotec are just not suitable for DIY repairs.

Tony

The point is though tony most diy'ers looking for smart stay advice won't click on the gas diy thread as through naivety they probably don't couple the 2 together, but they would definitely click on a smart stat sticky.

Sponsored Links
We should just withhold our labour on all gas and plumbing related threads. Then the footfall and by extension the advertising revenue would drop.
Go militant me with too much time on his hands. ;)
But joking aside it is an important safety issue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back