Gas jobs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've read a number of comments in the forum recently regarding a downturn in work etc. Is this the general opinion?

My company are looking for more installation staff and an industrial person but can't seem to find them... is there any restriction on mentioning that you are looking for staff ? I can't see anything in the 'stickies and rules' section of relevence.

Simon

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It might come under the "no free advertising rule" but email [email protected] and ask.

Mod Rupert

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sponsored Links
Not sure if there's a downturn or the europeans are pinching it :LOL:

The industrial sector seems very stable at the moment.

We're OK for the moment in Scarborough, but every week I see another new van from West Yorkshire, eventually they will take enough work away from us to drive me into something else. Not a worry at the moment.

Fortunately I asm a survivor. People who have had everything easy so far are in for a rough ride, that's certain.

Enjoy the lull! Give it a couple of months and the wife will forget your name. Winters a comin.

Sponsored Links
I have a theory about the 'Polish' and our jobs.

I dont think that the influx of Eastern Europeans will effect domestic work as much as the site work, as people will be wary of forigners in there homes, but what will eventually happen is that the economic migrants will push the British plumbers out of the sites and into the domestic maintainance sector and thus saturate both markets. This will leave the British plumbers to undercut each other in the domestic maintanance sector to such an extent that they will end up earning the same amount as there 'Polish' counterparts on the sites.

Though i'm not to sure about gas work, are the gas jobs being taken up by the Eastern Europeans?

Maybe we will get high paid jobs in Poland to replace all the ones who have left.

Why is Poland so 'plumber rich'?

Immigrants from West Yorkshire, coming over here and taking our jobs? Is there no end?

You want to fear 'em m8. They get off the day trip excursion and go straight into the letting agents across the road, a constant influx of West Yorkwhire imigrants.

As for a lull, we haven't had one, all my customers keep telling me I should take it more easily or I'll be very ill. I can't help thinking but don't say it, well if you wouldn't pester me on th ephone about when I'm coming to do YOUR job I woulodn't be under this stress. Funny how they have so much vision that they can warm me of forthcoming disaster yet have such a huge log in their own eye as to not see that they are the cause in their small part.

I think that Bster is quite new or underesposed to the Polish influx.

Governement figures are now up from 310K to 480K and the BBC expert gave 610K of Polish workers.

New NHS dentists are 17% Polish.

Nor do I think that any UK family have any problem with Polish workers in their homes, they generally seem more polite, respectful and they are certainly cheaper!

Tony

Agile said:
New NHS dentists are 17% Polish.

Good luck to them, then. The British dentists won't do it. I hope though that Polish citizens are not going too short.

i went to a holiday camp at weekend. felt a bit left out. i couldnt speak polish. :LOL:

gasmarkone said:
Enjoy the lull! Give it a couple of months and the wife will forget your name. Winters a comin.

here here

I for one am dreading it, having to go to boilers that have been installed by under trained immies and numpty nut IT guys with ten minutes of experiance and a shiney new corgi card

the mind boggles

Quite. I suppose my mortgage will get paid by all those un flushed systems and cheap boilers! Will the marriage survive those long winter days [never see the house in daylight].

keep telling her about that luvverly holiday you can afford in the summer

(and let her down gently when all those bleedin services come in ;) )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back