Earth bonding to incoming gas supply.

ELZ4742 said:
Spark123 said:
A TN-S system with 25mm² requires a main earthing conductor of 16mm² (table 54G) therefore the main equipotential bonding conductors need to be a minimum of 8mm², the next size up being 10mm².

does it have to be 25mm?

Depends on the size of the supply.
If you work it out for 16mm² you will still end up with 10mm² MEBs.

Sponsored Links
but that was my point to secureblokey, its not, NTCS...
if you have 16mm tails a 16mm main earth isnt required is it? 10mm is fine. there for 1/2 x section = 5mm

its cross sectional of the phase conductor right? so 16 with 16, ok my mistake. although technically im not wrong :LOL:

Sponsored Links
What do you mean by technically? If MEBs are not up to size then it is as Securespark says, NTCS.

Get over it. We know it's in relation to the neutral conductor - there is a chart in the regs for all to see.

So what is the maximum you have to go for TN-S and TN-C-S?

Oh - and when someone commented earlier "should be calced" or similar, I assume they where refering to making sure the MEBs resistance was below that required when testing........which is?

Wow! Two pages... and a slap from a Mod :oops:

Thanks Guys. Pretty much as I thought, just needed some reassurance. There's no bonding directly to the incoming water either so there's another cable to run. I have another question but I'll post that seperately. The more I look, the more I find.

Lectrician said:
Get over it. We know it's in relation to the neutral conductor - there is a chart in the regs for all to see.

So what is the maximum you have to go for TN-S and TN-C-S?

Oh - and when someone commented earlier "should be calced" or similar, I assume they where refering to making sure the MEBs resistance was below that required when testing........which is?

a bit harsh, just a f****n mate :rolleyes:
this is a forum for questions and answers, right?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back