Bonding gas meter.

I can't yet find (in the draft) anything about not bonding plastic pipes,
I think it may already be in the OSG - or an old one.

but maybe I was thinking of this ....
Yes, I thought that after I posted.

Not only, per your prediction, does it say "need not be connected...", but the whole of 411.3.1.2 relates (only) to the required bonding of extraneous-c-ps,
Yes, people forget that - especially with the list of likely things which might be e-c-ps.

and if there is an 'insulating section at the point of entry', then there surely would be no extraneous-c-p to bond?
Exactly, so there is no need to mention the insulating section at all and the instruction to bond on the consumer's side of the meter, whatever the reason, is just wrong.

Sponsored Links
I think it may already be in the OSG
It's in the current OSG (yellow), two separate paragraphs for main and supplementary bonding.

A sad state of affairs when it is necessary to inform people who are supposed to have a moderate level of electrical knowledge that connecting wires to plastic pipes is not required.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back