Modular Extensions

Sponsored Links
That first on looks so nasty.
They tend to be gloried conservatories which are priced only a bit cheaper than a proper extension.
I'd stay clear.

Sponsored Links
You will pay as much (if not more) for a standard hollow box that compromises on design, adaptability and future maintenance, as you would for a bespoke harmonious addition with no maintenance issues for years, and which can be altered in the future if need be.

These only benefit the manufacturers and installers.

I have worked with modular extensions in a commercial setting. The only benefit is speed of erection so the business can occupy and start trading quicker.

Cost wise they worked out slightly more expensive than traditional build and the appearance and quality of materials and finishes was poor.

But that was quite a few years ago so maybe domestic modular extensions have improved although I doubt it. At the end of the day they are just cheap prefabs with a fancy name. As tomfe said, the examples given just look nasty. Maybe on planet London they are more acceptable due to the shortage of good builders and insane costs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back