Moisture board fixing to Thermalit with adhesive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m in the middle of renovating an ensuite bathroom and I have purchased standard plasterboard for the non-wet areas; XPS boards in shower area. It subsequently dawned on me that perhaps I should have used moisture board instead and this has raised one or two complications.
I need to fix a board to thermalite blocks and I thought it would be a simple case of using Knauf plasterboard adhesive. But when you read the technical details of this product, it states that it is unsuitable for moisture board. I have spent ages on the web and cannot find the product I should be using. I tried to call them but they have closed their support line because of Covid. Anybody got any ideas on this?
I suppose another option would just be to stick with the standard plasterboard, as many seem to do and maybe even tank it for belt and braces. I think I would rather do the job properly though and take the hit on using MR plasterboard. Hence, what should i use? TIA

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back