1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Moisture board fixing to Thermalit with adhesive

Discussion in 'Plastering and Rendering' started by smallsteve1, 29 Jun 2021.

1. smallsteve1

smallsteve1

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I’m in the middle of renovating an ensuite bathroom and I have purchased standard plasterboard for the non-wet areas; XPS boards in shower area. It subsequently dawned on me that perhaps I should have used moisture board instead and this has raised one or two complications.
    I need to fix a board to thermalite blocks and I thought it would be a simple case of using Knauf plasterboard adhesive. But when you read the technical details of this product, it states that it is unsuitable for moisture board. I have spent ages on the web and cannot find the product I should be using. I tried to call them but they have closed their support line because of Covid. Anybody got any ideas on this?
    I suppose another option would just be to stick with the standard plasterboard, as many seem to do and maybe even tank it for belt and braces. I think I would rather do the job properly though and take the hit on using MR plasterboard. Hence, what should i use? TIA

2. Sponsored Links