mood lights - I think ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hey folks,
I know what I want I'm just not sure what they are called.

Basically I am after lots of very small sunken lights that I can put in an mdf enclosure with a transformer to control mood lights.

Assuming they are called mood lights I haven't had much luck finding what I am after. Certainly couldn't find any on screwfix.

Any good online retailers that sell these please?

Sponsored Links
You might be referring to those multi-sets of LED's, which I believe can be had very cheaply from such outlets as B&Q. They're typically fitted to kitchen-unit-plinths (paticularly in the county of Essex) - and sometimes in ceilings. They come in cartons of ten with an LED-driver and a simple plug-in distributor block. If so, all you'd need would be a 10mm drill bit and a handy socket outlet.

Lucia.

Sponsored Links
You might be referring to those multi-sets of LED's, which I believe can be had very cheaply from such outlets as B&Q. They're typically fitted to kitchen-unit-plinths (paticularly in the county of Essex) - and sometimes in ceilings. They come in cartons of ten with an LED-driver and a simple plug-in distributor block. If so, all you'd need would be a 10mm drill bit and a handy socket outlet.

Lucia.

That certainly sounds closer to the mark. I did have a look in BQ though and didn't see any. Cheers

There was a breif phase of mini downlighter style fittings which fitted in a 25mm hole. They took a 20W capsule lamp. Not seen these about for a few years now. Are they the sort of thing you're meaning?

This is the closest to a pic I could find

images

Thanks for the help guys.

The lights are definitely coloured. RF, I'm not sure they are them or not, depends if they are coloured. To be honest I thought the lights would be 15mm or thereabouts. Sorry to be so vague but i have only seen them twice before. Once on an episode of DIY SOS :LOL:

They are almost certainly LED lights then if they are coloured.

Are they just one fixed colour or do they change colour?

Tiny recessed lights... MDF enclosure... mood lighting... good retailers....

No - it doesn't compute.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back