More Bureaucratic bunkum to make our lives a misery.

Isn't it funny how we all bask in the luxury, economy and safety of what is a modern car then turn ultra-luddite when asked to keep such cars up to scratch.

Hilarious! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Isn't it funny how we all bask in the luxury, economy and safety of what is a modern car then turn ultra-luddite when asked to keep such cars up to scratch.

Hilarious! :rolleyes:

No, the second, third or umpteenth user bowks at the cost of keeping these over engineered turds on the road long after the manufacturer has washed their hands of their dirty work.

It will not be long before many modern cars are scrapped because they are immobile due to a random ECU failure that won't affect its overall safety but the MOT demands it's correct function. A coded black box for ABS on most modern cars 10-15 years down the line will likely be akin to a new mortgage....car scrapped.....new turd purchased....resources lost forever...and their is **** all we can do about it.

Just experienced my first MOT with the new rules today.

Vauxhall Astra 1.7DTI 2002.

Passed no problems, but with a load more advisories than ive ever seen before - due to the new rules.

Highlights of these:

Instrument panel lamp inoperative - theres been one lamp out behind the RPM indicator since i had the car and its never been mentioned before.

Corrosion inhibitor abscent from rear coil springs apparently the paint has flaked off the rear springs exposing them.

wheel trims fitted to all road wheels not sure what thats got to do with anything

engine under tray fitted at time of inspection Same as above - ? and?

An advisory is just that. Most of my heaps get the same advisories every year. When it becomes a fail I sort it.

Sponsored Links
I would imagine that automatic air bag replacement will be along soon.....most of them have a replacement date sticker somewhere.
John :)

Back