more flickering lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last night the surface mounted spots and the LED lights in the room next door flicker, buzzed and then died. No other lights were effected and the fuse (RCD?) didn't trip. Trying them periodically they would occaisionally buzz, flicker and even come on briefly. There is no apparent damage/water leaks in the roof space. the light fitting in one room was changed a month ago. Where should I start looking for the fault?

Sponsored Links
But not a double post caused by someone getting a spurious error message, hitting the back button and clicking "submit" a second time...

In 'confusing lights problem' fozwold said:
Last night the surface mounted spots in my bathroom and the LED lights in the room next door flickered, buzzed and then died. No other lights were effected and the fuse (RCD?) didn't trip. Trying them periodically they would occaisionally buzz, flicker and even come on briefly. until they finally died. There is no apparent damage/water leaks in the roof space. the light fitting in one room was changed a month ago. Where should I start looking for the fault?

20 MINUTES LATER in 'more flickering lights' said:
Last night the surface mounted spots and the LED lights in the room next door flicker, buzzed and then died. No other lights were effected and the fuse (RCD?) didn't trip. Trying them periodically they would occaisionally buzz, flicker and even come on briefly. There is no apparent damage/water leaks in the roof space. the light fitting in one room was changed a month ago. Where should I start looking for the fault?

So a 20 minute gap, a different topic title and different text.

Fozwold - why did you do that?

Sorry.
I found a different section on the site that seemed to have a lot more posts about lighting and I thought the 2nd post was going to added to that list.

Sponsored Links
Ah - the old "topic originating from a How To page" problem - sorry I didn't spot that... :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back