More Money Printing

• Thread starter Deleted member 18243
  • Start date
Twasn't. Prices of goods rose very little throughout the entire 1800s, when we were able to make our own stuff, behave ourselves, control our borders and had no bottomless pit free handout institutions such as the NHS or the welfare state.
Whilst our 'borders' were flung far and wide to the detriment of vast areas of the world...

And stuff we 'made' came courtesy of plundered resources which somehow meant that the 'wealth' found it's way into a very few pockets...

Rather funny that the west in general (and the UK in particular) are finding that payback is a b*tch!

Sponsored Links
Rule Britannia! The colonial days are alive and well in this one. Perhaps it had something to do with the cheap labour we benefitted from both home and abroad especially those slaves in India, Africa and pretty much a quarter of the globe.

As well as under cutting Indian cotton to help GB spread its own goods around the world. Starting two wars with China to flood their country with opium, undermine the society and construct trade enclaves in Shanghai and Hong Kong. Stealing rubber tree seeds to start our own plantations in Malaysia. Selling war materiel to the Confederate slave-owning south during the American Civil War.
You are both completely happy paying constantly increasing prices in perpetuity to salve your loony consciences, but it is at a cost to the rest of us who don't share your beliefs, and to generations of us to come.

You are both completely happy paying constantly increasing prices in perpetuity to salve your loony consciences, but it is at a cost to the rest of us who don't share your beliefs, and to generations of us to come.

That's a bit like accusing the residents of a mental institution of being mental. Of course they are, they know they are, we know they are. WTF is the point of trying to prove otherwise.

We have a binary choice, Capitalism or Communism, Globalism has clouded the issue but those chickens are coming home to roost.

Let me think about it for a minute....................yep, I'll go with Capitalism.

work a 16 hour day and doff their cap unless they wanted to go to a workhouse

You load 16 tons, what do you get?
Another day older and deeper in debt
St. Peter, don't you call me 'cause I can't go
I owe my soul to the company store.

Sponsored Links
We have a binary choice, Capitalism or Communism, Globalism has clouded the issue but those chickens are coming home to roost.
True but what is called communism now is nothing remotely like it used to be. They fix it by going capitalist. So just what should they be called these days?

You load 16 tons, what do you get?
Another day older and deeper in debt
St. Peter, don't you call me 'cause I can't go
I owe my soul to the company store.
Sounds like lyrics from a Bob Dylan song?

Back