More new rules for wearing facemasks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
How many weeks of Covid-19 was that? Because even with the extras stripped out the confirmed Covid-19 deaths in the UK are at 41,000

Probably very few weeks, the point I was illustrating was that 28,000 deaths from flu was, at the time, not even noteworthy. Which begs the question was lockdown worth it.
The biggest killer in the world today is poverty, and the increase in poverty caused by lockdown cannot even be measured yet, and wont be for some years to come.

Probably very few weeks, the point I was illustrating was that 28,000 deaths from flu was, at the time, not even noteworthy. Which begs the question was lockdown worth it.
The biggest killer in the world today is poverty, and the increase in poverty caused by lockdown cannot even be measured yet, and wont be for some years to come.
It was noteworthy, the NHS spends a lot of time worrying about the winter flu season. It's also worth stressing those are all the deaths from any sort of cold, flu or other winter condition, not just the flu viruses.

It's also worth remembering that 40,000+ is what happens after you take precautions. The predictions of 250,000 dead if no measures were taken fit perfectly with what happened.

Sponsored Links
You're right, poverty, suicide (mentioned in your other post) are all made worse by lockdown are extreme measures and we will feel the effects of that for some time. I don't think anyone in the world made the decision to lockdown lightly though. That in itself makes me think that perhaps this was the right thing to do, wasn't just a global overreaction and the amount of deaths with this pandemic are lower than they would've been had we not all taken action.

It's also worth remembering that 40,000+ is what happens after you take precautions.
It is.

The predictions of 250,000 dead if no measures were taken fit perfectly with what happened.
Do they. How do you know?

I thought it was 500,000 but taking your 250,000, that is 3,788 deaths per million - seven times worse than Sweden.

or, of course, if it was 500,000 then 7,576 dpm and thirteen times Sweden.

Also - weren't there similar huge forecasts which didn't happen for bird flu and the others?

Fair enough, but that's comparing a year of flu to a few months of covid.
What would've happened if no lockdowns, like the flu?
Very good point. Filly has deliberately chosen to show a graph, yesterday, claiming that CV deaths are less than nine thousand

Which we know to be untrue

And attempting to draw conclusions from this false number.

He also took care not to provide a link to his untrue source, nor a date.

By chance, he happens to be using a notorious anti-EU propaganda site. Amusingly, his source of false information uses the word "facts."

It is.

Do they. How do you know?

I thought it was 500,000 but taking your 250,000, that is 3,788 deaths per million - seven times worse than Sweden.

or, of course, if it was 500,000 then 7,576 dpm and thirteen times Sweden.

Also - weren't there similar huge forecasts which didn't happen for bird flu and the others?
Again, if you wanted to know you can search for the imperial paper. I'm not going to summarize 50+ pages of analysis just so someone can ignore it because they don't trust anything more advanced than scrying chicken entrails.

Last edited:
I thought that the predicted covid19 mortality worldwide was 8 billion...
Apocalypse...

Again, despite the majority of people wearing masks in Asda, yet again its young men that are not.
Arrisholes!

I heard you like posting bulls hit and not just restricted to General Discussion.
At least I do it for a laugh, while you've very deservedly earned the nickname nosef@ckall.
Well done!
BTW, i blocked you, how come I still see your nonsense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links