More Weird Stuff From Amazon

Sponsored Links
Your welcome, and you have proved what you said in another post. You do say sorry and admit mistakes, although this was not really a mistake, I would think the units did not have safety lamp holders, but my point is we don't know.

Well - I didn't do it to prove a point, but because it's what I do.

Maybe not 100% - I'm sure there must be times when I just slink away.

And I'm equally sure that there are times when I'm the only one who knows I've not made a mistake :D

Sponsored Links
.... I would think the units did not have safety lamp holders, but my point is we don't know.
Indeed - as you say, unlikley, but not impossible.

However, on the basis of what we know about these products, even if they do not have safety holders, I'm rather amazed that someone has described them as "lethal"! Using his logic, there would be plenty of things in my house (and probably yours) that would be at least as "lethal"!

Kind Regards, John

Indeed - as you say, unlikley, but not impossible.

However, on the basis of what we know about these products, even if they do not have safety holders, I'm rather amazed that someone has described them as "lethal"! Using his logic, there would be plenty of things in my house (and probably yours) that would be at least as "lethal"!

Kind Regards, John
I would agree, however as a boy doing my homework on kitchen counter top I noted bulb missing from counter lamp, could not see inside so felt inside to find what was in it. I found a pin which was spring loaded, then I touched the other pin, seems switch had broken so dad had removed the bulb. I learnt never to do that again. Even after 58 years I still remember it. However it was not "lethal" I can tell the story some 58 years latter. And back then there were no RCD's.

No - back then people people had to be willing to die to be electrocuted. These days anyone can do it and live to tell the tale. No commitment.

Of course it has everything to do with that distance!
We've been through this before. In what you've just quoted, I said that accessibility to children has not necessarily got anything to do with distance from socket to lamp. As I've said, more than once, in my bedroom I would regard the lamp on our dressing table, with a 2-3m 'trailing' lead, as being more of a hazard to unsupervised children than are the two bedside lamps with very short leads. The dressing table has a strategically-placed chair up which they can climb, and the 'trailing lead' is easily tugged to bring the lamp crashing to the floor.

The situation in other rooms and other houses will obviously differ, but the point is that one simply cannot generalise.

Kind Regards, John

I've said, more than once
Indeed you have. I have disagreed, more than once. Shall we stop now?

To enlarge the discussion, wasn't there a thread on here some time ago about the conformity or otherwise of plugs with switches incorporated? I can't see anything in 1363-1 that deals with those, but they just don't look right. However, if they pass all the tests for plugs, and all the tests for switches, I guess they are OK.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back