Mortising on a router

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a jig I can use on my home made table router to cut closed mortise joints ? Cutting open end ones is fine but want to cut some 3 inches in from the ends and tried drilling and chiseling and ended up screwed. [ No not me the joint! ] router cut ones would be better.
Many thanks

Bob

Sponsored Links
You would be better off using the router handheld with a simple jig and guide bush. If you want to spend out then Trend and Leigh do mortice & tennon jigs.

Jason

Is there a jig I can use on my home made table router to cut closed mortise joints ? Cutting open end ones is fine but want to cut some 3 inches in from the ends and tried drilling and chiseling and ended up screwed. [ No not me the joint! ] router cut ones would be better.
Many thanks

Bob

Many thanks Jason I think you're right.I'll do that save messing making a jig to find out it's no good.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back