Mosaic tiles: Difficulty, cost...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all,

Some questions regarding mosaic tiling for beginners which I haven't been able to find elsewhere:

Are the mosaic tiles harder to put up than normal tiles? I was informed they move round a bit more, I thought they may be easier given the ease of cutting....

Does each sheet of mosaic tiles need seperators?

and what sort of cost should I expect if I got somebody in to do it, based upon: 8 sq m of wall, London based, mosaic tiles, inc. behind a toilet and sink? I read £35/sq.m. on a different website.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Let me save you some time.... if you're planning on fitting mosaics around a shower, I'd advise you to forget it. You'll end up with grubby grout in next to no time. If not tiling around a shower, then you can get non-slip adhesive specially designed for mosaics.

OK, so got a quote...

Bearing in mind, the area to be tiled is actually 4.5m.sq. in a downstairs toilet. New walls. Mosaic tiles, excl materials.

The tiler estimated it at 3 days work, ~ £420. :eek:

Is this a reasonable quote?

Thinking of flogging the newborn to cover it...

Sponsored Links
get a couple of other quotes first. should only take 1-2 days max for a job like that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back