Mosaic Tiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to start mosaic tiling a wall about 53 tiles 305mm square. having checked the levels and plumbs; widths and heights, the floor T&G is level the coving is 9mm high at one side; the door architrave is 9mm out of plumb and I am now about to start.

I have a choice where there is a taper finish; at the coving and the architrave; should I fill the gap with grout or cut the mosaic tiles; the architrave I would normally remove and rebate the back to clip over tiles; but not this time. What would you do?

Sponsored Links
If you are using White Grout, and where the 'slope tiles' are joing coving/architrave is also white, then I would go with that option. If the Grout is a contrast, then i would consider cutting the tiles. Two more things to consider; If the mosaics are coloured glass ( and not ceramic ) these are very tricky to cut, espcially such small slivers. And if its the 300 x 300 made up of loads of 25mm squares, then you can actually taper them when you stick them up by very gradually adjusting the grout lines. Buy a packet of tiling wedges first !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back