Mosaic with Thick Tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Using my boyfriends page so excuse the lack of sizes

I've bought mosaic tiles that are thin. I was hoping to have a row up the middle of the bathroom wall then the normal tiles the rest of the wallat either side of the mosaic

We ordered the larger tiles online and it didnt mention the thickness of the tiles. When they arrived they are quite thick but have got advice from tiler friends and they said they should be okay for the walls even though quite heavy

Our problem now is - how would we go about tiling with such a difference in thickness? Is there a way we could get the mosaic to the same level as the other tiles?

Sponsored Links
When they arrived they are quite thick but have got advice from tiler friends and they said they should be okay for the walls even though quite heavy
How heavy is quiet heavy? What are you tiling onto, plaster, render, tile backer board? The weight limit of tiles over plaster in sound condition is around 18 kg/sqm + adhesive & grout & tiles over 8mm thick are likely to be too heavy for plaster.
Our problem now is - how would we go about tiling with such a difference in thickness? Is there a way we could get the mosaic to the same level as the other tiles?
It’s not really a problem if your tiler knows what he’s doing. If you have tiler friends who appear to understand the maximum weight of tiles, did they not know how to pack out a mosaic border? Your biggest problem will probably be the weight of your tiles!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back